Essential Skills for Everyday Living with Vision Loss
Vision loss does not have to prevent you from living an active, healthy, fulfilling life. There are many tips and techniques you can learn on your own to retain your independence; in addition, vision rehabilitation services and instruction can provide you with techniques that can help you accomplish many daily living skills safely and independently.
In this section about living independently at home with vision loss, we provide tips, techniques, and useful equipment to help you accomplish many everyday household tasks, including personal self-care, getting around safely indoors and outdoors, using the telephone, reading and writing, home and kitchen safety, eating skills, cleaning, household organization, and shopping.
New to vision loss? Our Getting Started Kit can help.
Questions and Answers
- "Going Blind" and "Getting Started": A Dynamic Combination
by Maureen Duffy on 10/31/2013
- Reaching for the Stars Through Specialized Services
by Michelle Miller on 10/15/2013
- Older Alabamians Speak Out About the Importance of Specialized Services for Older Persons with Visual Impairment
by Priscilla Rogers on 10/15/2013
- A New Independent Living Series from Hadley School for the Blind
by Maureen Duffy on 8/8/2013
- Vision Loss and Solving Problems, Part Two
by Linda Fugate on 7/31/2013