"Getting Started" Kit for People New to Vision Loss
Our tip sheets can help you get started
Over 20 million Americans report trouble seeing, and that number is on the rise. Coping with vision loss can feel overwhelming and stressful, but when armed with the right information, you can face the future with confidence. With that in mind, the VisionAware™ "Getting Started" kit was created to provide hope and help to handle the challenges of vision loss, and to connect you and your family members with specialized services and products available to assist with everyday life with vision loss.
For a free print copy, subscribe to VisionAware and receive our ongoing alerts and information.
These tip sheets are just a small sample of the wealth of information you will find on VisionAware.org, including newsletters and blogs with the latest news on vision loss, and in-depth articles on eye conditions and on living with vision loss as well as vision rehabilitation professionals who can help you cope with vision loss. Again, we hope you will sign up to receive VisionAware alerts and newsletters and a free print copy. We also encourage you to download and share these free tip sheets from VisionAware. Right-click on any of the links below and choose "Save Target As..." to download them to your own computer. You can also download the text version in Spanish.
- First Steps
- Five Questions to Ask Your Eye Care Professional
- Kitchen Safety Tips and Products
- Bathroom Safety Tips and Products
- Tips for Making Print More Readable
- Living with Vision Loss: Your Home Office
- Technology Tips and Products
- Meeting a Person with Vision Loss
- Having Fun!
- Keeping Fit
We are also happy to provide a plain-text version of the "Getting Started" kit that you can print out in your preferred font size.
We also have a plain text version available in Spanish.
We welcome your feedback and suggestions. Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- "Going Blind" and "Getting Started": A Dynamic Combination
by Maureen Duffy on 10/31/2013
- Reaching for the Stars Through Specialized Services
by Michelle Miller on 10/15/2013
- Older Alabamians Speak Out About the Importance of Specialized Services for Older Persons with Visual Impairment
by Priscilla Rogers on 10/15/2013