What a person with glaucoma sees
Are you experiencing problems with your peripheral or side vision? Do you have to turn your head to see what's to your immediate right or left? Do you have blurred vision, nausea, and headaches? Do you see "halos" around bright lights? It might be glaucoma.
Glaucoma is a group of eye diseases that can lead to blindness by damaging the optic nerve. The eye continuously produces a fluid, called the aqueous, that must drain from the eye to maintain healthy eye pressure. Learn more in Glaucoma: An Overview.
Questions and Answers
- There's Nothing More that Can be Done, You Say? Not True, We Say!
by Maureen Duffy on 5/16/2013
- Meet Gil Johnson: Blind Woodworker and One of California's "50 Notable People"
by Maureen Duffy on 3/26/2013
- Three Blind Mice and the National Institutes of Health Present the Documentary Film "Going Blind"
by Maureen Duffy on 3/21/2013
- A New Study Explores the Advantages of Morning versus Evening Glaucoma Medication
by Maureen Duffy on 3/14/2013
- New Research on Driving Patterns in Older Adults with Glaucoma
by Maureen Duffy on 3/12/2013
- Treating Hypertension May Increase the Risk of Vision Loss from Glaucoma
by Maureen Duffy on 3/7/2013
- A New Low Vision Resource from the National Eye Institute
by Maureen Duffy on 2/7/2013
- Positive Phase III Clinical Trial Results for Totally Blind Persons with Sleep Disorders
by Maureen Duffy on 1/29/2013
- A Promising New Method for Administering Glaucoma Medication
by Maureen Duffy on 1/23/2013
- Have Researchers Identified an Early Predictor for Glaucoma?
by Maureen Duffy on 1/7/2013
- Fear of Falling, Eye Disease, and Limitations in Daily Activities: They're All Related
by Maureen Duffy on 12/18/2012
- Glaucoma, Reading Speed, and Possible E-Reading Applications
by Maureen Duffy on 12/13/2012
- New Research on Glaucoma, Impaired Eye Movements, and Daily Living Activities
by Maureen Duffy on 12/11/2012
- New Developments in Glaucoma Treatment: Micro-Stents
by Maureen Duffy on 11/29/2012
- A Phase 2 Clinical Trial for a New Glaucoma Treatment
by Maureen Duffy on 11/8/2012
- An Ophthalmologist "Nails It" Regarding Physician-Patient Communication
by Maureen Duffy on 8/16/2012
- The FDA Approves a New Stent Device for Glaucoma Surgery with Cataracts
by Maureen Duffy on 7/12/2012