Eye Health and Changes in Your Vision
Diagram of the eye, viewed from the side
Some changes in vision are normal as we grow older. This section of our web site discusses these normal vision changes, explains the parts of the eye and how the eye works, alerts you to symptoms of possible vision problems, and provides you with a list of questions to ask your eye doctor, including:
- What is the cause of my vision loss?
- Do I qualify as legally blind? If so, what does legally blind actually mean?
- How can I find out about reading?
You may want to Ask An Eye M.D. a question.
How can you find out where to get a low vision exam and low vision services?
VisionAware offers a directory which includes private/individual low vision and vision rehabilitation service providers and clinics across the United States and Canada.
If you have experienced recent vision loss, we hope that VisionAware will give you a greater understanding of your vision impairment and the range of vision rehabilitation services that are available to you.
- Understanding Our Shifting Health Insurance Landscape – and What It Means for People with Vision Loss
by Maureen Duffy on 3/27/2017
- What Is It Like to Have Low Vision? A New Sight Simulator Can Help You Understand
by Maureen Duffy on 3/13/2017
- New Research: Gene Editing as a Potential Treatment for Wet Macular Degeneration
by Maureen Duffy on 2/27/2017