Leer este artículo en español
By Debra A. Sokol-McKay,
MS, CVRT, CDE, CLVT, OTR/L, SCLV
- The Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics: The nation's largest organization of food and nutrition professionals. Provides Nutrition Fact Sheets, a Diabetes Reading List, and Nutrition Information.
- AccessWorld®: Technology News for People Who Are Blind or Visually Impaired: American Foundation for the Blind's free monthly online technology magazine that reviews the accessibility of blood glucose monitors, insulin pens, insulin pumps, and a wide variety of mainstream and assistive technologies.
- The American Diabetes Association: Provides information and updates on diabetes research and conducts programs in all 50 states and the District of Columbia. Publishes Diabetes eNewsletters and provides information on living with diabetes, food and fitness, and advocacy.
- Children with Diabetes (CWD) Online Community: Developed by the father of a child with diabetes. Provides chat rooms, forums, information on upcoming CWD conferences, as well as the latest developments and information about diabetes for children and adults.
- Diabetic Lifestyle: Provides recipes and practical information for managing diabetes. Has a diabetic supply center, diabetic bookstore, and provides guidelines for diabetic meal planning.
- DiabetesNet: Provides information on a variety of diabetes-related topics, including Carb Counting, Cookbooks, Diabetes Types and Nutrition.
- The Joslin Diabetes Center: An affiliate of Harvard Medical School that provides online diabetes articles and information, including Diabetes Glossary, and The Joslin Guide to Diabetes: Revised Edition.
- Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation International: Provides information on research, publications, advocacy related to type 1 diabetes. Has an online diabetes support team and a mentor program.
- National Diabetes Information Clearinghouse (NDIC): Provides educational materials to increase knowledge and understanding about diabetes among patients, health care professionals, and the general public.