Diabetes Guides in English and Spanish with Lessons Following Seven Self-Care Behaviors
Three Guides with Self Care Lessons
These guides can be very useful for vision rehabilitation therapists and diabetes educators who are working with people who have diabetes.
- The Basics About Living with Diabetes with seven lessons in audio and print that give you the "basics" about living with diabetes. The seven lessons follow the American Association of Diabetes Educators (AADE) Self Care Behavior format.
- A Guide to Caring for Yourself When You Have Diabetes and Vision Loss. It follows the AADE step-by-step lesson format in an audio version and print.
- A Spanish translation of the Guide to Caring for Yourself When You Have Vision Loss available in audio and print.
- New Research from Google Labs: Using Machine Learning to Detect Diabetic Eye Disease
by Maureen Duffy on 12/9/2016
- How I Learned to Live with Type 2 Diabetes
by J Steele-Louchart on 11/15/2016
- Vivian: Living with Diabetes and Visual Impairment
Vivian was diagnosed with diabetes twenty years ago, at age 58. Ten years later, she was diagnosed with diabetic retinopathy and spinal stenosis. She talks about how she is living and coping with her diabetes and some of the tools and techniques she uses.