More Information About Cataracts and Cataract Surgery
Find Online Resources for More Information About Cataracts and Cataract Surgery
- All About Vision - Cataract signs and symptoms, causes, and treatment, with illustrations of the functional visual effects of cataracts.
- DocShop.com - A cataract surgery guide, including information about symptoms, types, diagnosis, and treatment
- The Macula Center - Also about cataracts, including causes, prevention, surgery, and illustrations of the functional visual effects of cataracts
- MayoClinic.com - Cataracts: An introduction, signs and symptoms, causes, risk factors, when to seek medical advice, treatment, self-care, and prevention
- Medline Plus - An interactive tutorial about cataracts
- National Eye Institute - Facts about cataracts: A definition, causes and risk factors, symptoms and detection, treatment, current research
- National Institutes of Health: Senior Health - Cataracts: Definition, development and risk factors, symptoms and detection, treatment and prevention, frequently asked questions
- StLukesEye.com - Cataracts defined, with illustrations of the functional visual effects of cataracts. Includes information on cataract surgery, including selecting an implant and frequently asked questions
- Vision Channel - An overview of cataracts, including types, causes, signs and symptoms, and diagnosis
- West Texas Eye Associates - An explanation of cataracts and cataract surgery, with illustrations of the functional visual effects of cataracts
- Paul and Dorothy Johnson
Read Paul and Dorothy Johnson's story, written by their adult daughter. Dorothy had cataracts and Paul had macular degeneration and diabetes. Learn how the Johnsons and their daughter made the decision to live together.