Working-Age Adults with Blindness or Low Vision
- Are you a working-age adult who is losing your vision?
- Is your vision loss beginning to affect your job performance?
- Are you concerned about your ability to maintain your current employment and remain in the workforce?
- Is it becoming difficult to travel to and from your workplace?
- Do you want to learn more about your legal rights?
- Are you looking for resources and information that can help and support you?
VisionAware can provide you with the employment resources and information you need to get started.
Be sure to explore AFB CareerConnect®, as well—an employment information resource developed by the American Foundation for the Blind for job seekers who are blind or visually impaired. CareerConnect offers employment information, visually impaired mentors, career exploration tools, and extensive job seeking guidance for adults with vision loss and the professionals who work with them.
Older Adults in the Workforce
Are you over 50 or an otherwise anxious baby boomer? If you are an older worker experiencing vision loss, know that you are not alone. Visit the For Seniors area of VisionAware and learn how to continue working in your current occupation, do different kinds of work altogether, modify the work you do, or even launch a new job search.
Questions and Answers
- Pauline Winick, a Job Coach Who Knows How to Help Job Seekers with Vision Loss Win
Pauline Winick is a job coach at the Miami Lighthouse for the Blind. Visually impaired herself from age-related macular degeneration, she works with individuals who are blind or visually impaired and are seeking work.
- My Experience Using the LinkedIn Website and App
by Empish J. Thomas on 1/19/2017
- Sue Martin: Dreams Fulfilled from a Bucket List of Yesteryear
by Maribel Steel on 12/28/2016
- The 411 on Finding Job Leads As a Visually Impaired Job Seeker
by Shannon Carollo on 11/15/2016
- AFB Releases Our VisionConnect™ App for Android
by Priscilla Rogers on 11/3/2016
- Meet Blessing Offor: Visually Impaired Contestant from NBC's "The Voice"
by Katy Lewis on 10/25/2016