Working Life Personal Stories
With some assistance and adjustments, most people who develop vision loss are able to remain in the workforce or to learn skills to take one jobs. Read the personal stories in this section to find out how others are continuing to work.
- My Experience Using the LinkedIn Website and App
by Empish J. Thomas on 1/19/2017
- Dealing with Workplace Bullying When You Are Visually Impaired
by AFB Staff on 10/19/2016
- New Job Search and Interviewing Techniques for Visually Impaired Job Seekers
by Neva Fairchild on 10/18/2016
- Getting Selected for the 2016 Amtrak Writers in Residency Program
by Max Ivey on 7/17/2016
- Resources for Job Seekers Who Are Blind or Visually Impaired and Over Age 50
by Shannon Carollo on 3/30/2016
- Domestic Violence Has Many Faces
Lynda Fugate, who is visually impaired, talks about her personal experience with domestic violence.