Getting Around Personal Stories
There are many techniques that people with vision problems use to get around their environment. Browse through some stories about how others are able to navigate their environment.
- Travel Around the World this Holiday Season: A Postcard from Melbourne
by Maribel Steel on 12/19/2016
- The Perfect Guide Dog
by DeAnna Quietwater Noriega on 10/11/2016
- What Does It Take to Become a Guide Dog?
by Audrey Demmitt on 10/4/2016
- Summertime and the Living Is Easy
by Sue Wiygul Martin on 8/18/2016
- Getting Selected for the 2016 Amtrak Writers in Residency Program
by Max Ivey on 7/17/2016
- Brian: Paying It Forward and Giving Back
Brian was 35 when he began losing his vision. It came on suddenly: first in one eye, then moving quickly to the other. At the time, Brian worked as a land surveyor. He was doing well and providing for his family. When he lost his vision, he lost his job too. But Brian refused to give up.