Audrey Demmitt, R.N.
Audrey Demmitt and her dog guide
Audrey Demmitt is a wife, mother of three wonderful adult children, and a registered nurse. At age 25, she was diagnosed with Retinitis Pigmentosa. She worked for 30 years as a nurse with her visual impairment. She has worked as an Adjustment to Blindness Counselor and Diabetic Educator for Vision Rehabilitation Services of Georgia. She is a long-time follower of AFB and VisionAware, both as a consumer and as a professional. She is also a Career Connect Mentor.
Audrey resides in Peachtree City, Georgia with her husband Kevin of 29 years, her beautiful guide dog Sophie and her persnickety pug, Lucy. She enjoys traveling, hiking, reading, writing, and crafting. Life with a visual impairment has taught her to never underestimate herself, reframe the seemingly negative events in life, always look for new opportunities, and envision the possibilities. Life is “in- session” and she is busy living it.
- Back to Nature with Vision Loss: Adventure Awaits You at Hull Park!
by Audrey Demmitt on 4/18/2016
- The Role My Disability Plays in My Identity
by Audrey Demmitt on 4/4/2016
- Good News and Resources from the Recent AFB Leadership Conference
by Audrey Demmitt on 3/30/2016
- National Senior Independence Month Part 1
by Audrey Demmitt on 2/9/2016
- Megabus: A Safe and Affordable Transportation Option for People Who Are Visually Impaired
by Audrey Demmitt on 1/22/2016