Audrey Demmitt, R.N.
Audrey Demmitt and her dog guide
Audrey Demmitt is a wife, mother of three wonderful adult children, and a registered nurse. At age 25, she was diagnosed with Retinitis Pigmentosa. She worked for 30 years as a nurse with her visual impairment. She has worked as an Adjustment to Blindness Counselor and Diabetic Educator for Vision Rehabilitation Services of Georgia. She is a long-time follower of AFB and VisionAware, both as a consumer and as a professional. She is also a Career Connect Mentor.
Audrey resides in Peachtree City, Georgia with her husband Kevin of 29 years, her beautiful guide dog Sophie and her persnickety pug, Lucy. She enjoys traveling, hiking, reading, writing, and crafting. Life with a visual impairment has taught her to never underestimate herself, reframe the seemingly negative events in life, always look for new opportunities, and envision the possibilities. Life is “in- session” and she is busy living it.
- Senior Center Without Walls: Opportunities for Connection and Community from Your Home
by Audrey Demmitt on 12/12/2016
- The Bookshelf: The Challenge of Creating Blind Characters
by Audrey Demmitt on 10/6/2016
- What Does It Take to Become a Guide Dog?
by Audrey Demmitt on 10/4/2016
- Stay Active and Keep Your Sense of Adventure Alive at Hull Park
by Audrey Demmitt on 9/27/2016
- The Bookshelf: Reading Books on Blindness and Learning About the Experiences of Others
by Audrey Demmitt on 7/26/2016