Vision Loss and the Challenges of Aging
If you are an older person experiencing vision loss, you may also have a concurrent health problem or disability. In fact, two of every three older people with vision loss must also contend with another serious ailment, most frequently arthritis, high blood pressure, heart disease, or hearing loss.
Such circumstances can make living with vision loss an even greater challenge, but don't give in to frustration. It is possible to untangle the complication of addressing vision loss in conjunction with other health issues.
- The American Foundation for the Blind (AFB) 21st Century Agenda on Aging and Vision Loss Is Moving Forward!
by Priscilla Rogers on 5/17/2016
- Aging in America: Women at Risk for Vision Problems
by Priscilla Rogers on 5/16/2016
- There is Hope; There is Help: Part 1 in a Series on Low Vision and Low Vision Services by Bryan Gerritsen, CLVT
by Maureen Duffy on 5/3/2016
- Meet Rebecca Sheffield, Ph.D., Senior Policy Researcher, American Foundation for Blind Public Policy Center
by Maureen Duffy on 4/18/2016
- National Senior Independence Month Part 1
by Audrey Demmitt on 2/9/2016