Vision Loss and the Challenges of Aging
If you are an older person experiencing vision loss, you may also have a concurrent health problem or disability. In fact, two of every three older people with vision loss must also contend with another serious ailment, most frequently arthritis, high blood pressure, heart disease, or hearing loss.
Such circumstances can make living with vision loss an even greater challenge, but don't give in to frustration. It is possible to untangle the complication of addressing vision loss in conjunction with other health issues.
- Things to Do When You Retire and Have Vision Loss
by Mary Hiland on 9/24/2014
- Alzheimer Research: Cataract Surgery for People with Dementia Improves Vision and Quality of Life
by Maureen Duffy on 7/24/2014
- Out of Sight, Out of Mind: Is It Cognition or Is It Vision Loss? by Guest Blogger DeAnn Elliott
by Maureen Duffy on 6/3/2014
- Reaching for the Stars Through Specialized Services
by Michelle Miller on 10/15/2013
- Older Alabamians Speak Out About the Importance of Specialized Services for Older Persons with Visual Impairment
by Priscilla Rogers on 10/15/2013