Vision Loss and the Challenges of Aging
If you are an older person experiencing vision loss, you may also have a concurrent health problem or disability. In fact, two of every three older people with vision loss must also contend with another serious ailment, most frequently arthritis, high blood pressure, heart disease, or hearing loss.
Such circumstances can make living with vision loss an even greater challenge, but don't give in to frustration. It is possible to untangle the complication of addressing vision loss in conjunction with other health issues.
- Meet Donald C. Fletcher, M.D., Internationally Recognized Authority on Low Vision Rehabilitation
by Maureen Duffy on 1/20/2015
- New Research: Patients not Referred for Low Vision Services in a Timely and Efficient Manner
by Maureen Duffy on 12/1/2014
- What's So Wrong with "Elderspeak," Anyway? Answer: Everything
by Maureen Duffy on 10/23/2014
- Things to Do When You Retire and Have Vision Loss
by Mary Hiland on 9/24/2014
- Alzheimer Research: Cataract Surgery for People with Dementia Improves Vision and Quality of Life
by Maureen Duffy on 7/24/2014