Health and Aging
As a senior with vision problems, you probably have specific concerns about maintaining your overall health. These will include how you will:
- Stay physically active
- Eat right
- Deal with medical conditions
- Take medications properly
- Maintain social connections
- Remain mentally active
You are likely to let some aspects of your health (physical, mental, or emotional) suffer while you are first learning to cope with vision loss. This section will answer some of your questions and give you ideas to help you begin or continue to live a healthy lifestyle despite changes in your vision.
- New Macular Degeneration Research: Will My AMD Affect Both Eyes? If So, How Soon Will That Happen?
by Maureen Duffy on 2/7/2017
- New Glaucoma Research from the United Kingdom: Could a Glaucoma Treatment also Help Prevent Alzheimer's Disease?
by Maureen Duffy on 1/10/2017
- January Is National Glaucoma Awareness Month: Learn More About Glaucoma and Current Treatments
by Maureen Duffy on 1/3/2017
- Senior Center Without Walls: Opportunities for Connection and Community from Your Home
by Audrey Demmitt on 12/12/2016