Driving and Transportation Alternatives
Whether you ride, fly, float, or drive, vision loss can present challenges to the process of transportation. In this section, you can learn more about:
- Safety tips for older adult drivers
- Driving with low vision
- How to decide when to stop driving
- How to find and hire a driver
- Your rights regarding accessible public transportation
- Accessible bus and train travel options
- Your rights regarding air travel when you have vision loss
- And, of course, walking is always an option. See An Introduction to Orientation and Mobility Skills for more information about indoor and outdoor independent travel skills using a cane.
- What Does It Take to Become a Guide Dog?
by Audrey Demmitt on 10/4/2016
- Getting Selected for the 2016 Amtrak Writers in Residency Program
by Max Ivey on 7/17/2016
- The Five Top Ways I Use Uber
by Empish J. Thomas on 3/20/2016