Recreation and Leisure for People Who Are Blind or Visually Impaired
There are many recreation and leisure activities that can be adapted for people who are blind or have low vision, or for seniors who are losing their sight. You may want to return to an activity you've always enjoyed, or you may want to try something new, challenging, and altogether different, such as Scrabble, running, or tandem biking!
There is a wide range of recreational, social, and craft activities for you to consider, including arts and crafts, large print card and board games, cultural activities, gardening, swimming, bowling, and tandem biking.
- Sign Up with a Personal Trainer--Who Me?
by Josephine Defini on 2/5/2015
- Can "Audio Film" Provide a Richer Film Experience than an Audio Description Soundtrack?
by Maureen Duffy on 2/5/2015
- Guest Blogger Jeremiah Taylor Reviews Descriptive Audio Narration for "Unbroken"
by Maureen Duffy on 1/2/2015
- Peer Advisors' Holiday Gift Picks
by Priscilla Rogers on 11/24/2014
- Creating Rugs From Rags, My Retirement Hobby
by Audrey Demmitt on 9/30/2014