Helpful Products and Technology for Living with Vision Loss
Several guides can help you locate the best products to help you adjust to vision loss:
- American Foundation for the Blind Product Search. This is a comprehensive listing of assistive technology products used by people who are blind or visually impaired. It is the place to go to search for a product or manufacturer, find out what products are out there, and decide which product is best for you, a family member, or one of your clients. You can browse by task, product category, or manufacturer.
- You can link to product reviews published in AccessWorld®, AFB's online technology magazine. Be sure to read AccessWorld's article on Selecting Products for Seniors with Vision Loss.
- Specialty Products Sources. Many products are available in the marketplace to help you live more independently with vision loss. AFB has compiled a comprehensive list of specialty resources to help you find what you need. If you know of a resource that we do not have in our list, please let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- AbleData. This site provides objective information about assistive technology products and rehabilitation equipment available from domestic and international sources. AbleData does not sell these products, but can help you locate the companies that do.
- Breaking Down Barriers for Blind Parents-To-Be, Part 2
by Francesca Crozier-Fitzgerald on 3/16/2017
- Breaking Down Barriers for Blind Parents-To-Be, Part 1
by Francesca Crozier-Fitzgerald on 3/15/2017
- Blind Dating: Looking for Love in the Digital Age
by Francesca Crozier-Fitzgerald on 3/6/2017
- What the Oscars Can Learn from VisionAware About Print Legibility and Effective Lighting for Reading
by Maureen Duffy on 3/6/2017
- During Low Vision Awareness Month: Learn More About Helpful Non-Optical Devices for Low Vision
by Maureen Duffy on 2/20/2017