In this section, we'll give you tips and techniques that can help you maintain your independence in a number of personal areas that are of prime importance, including:
- Organizing and labeling your clothing and personal items
- Tips to help with laundry and laundromats
- Techniques for makeup application
- Tips and techniques for fingernail care
- Tips to help with toothpaste application
- Tips to help with shaving for men and women
Additional Resources for Independent Living and Personal Self-Care
- See Labeling and Marking for tips and techniques that can help you identify and label household items.
- See Managing Your Medications for tips on medication management, organization, and labeling
- See How to Manage Diabetes for suggestions and materials to help you manage your diabetes medications.
- Learn more about Vision Rehabilitation Services and Professionals
- Father James Warnke: Living a Well-Integrated Life
Father Warnke, who was born with retinopathy of prematurity (ROP) and glaucoma, has had a very successful series of careers as mental health counselor and Episcopal priest, to name just a few of his accomplishments.
Questions and Answers
- AFB Press Releases New Edition of Making Life More Livable: Simple Adaptations for Living at Home after Vision Loss
by Priscilla Rogers on 12/7/2015