Driving and Transportation Alternatives
Whether you ride, fly, float, or drive, vision loss can present challenges to the process of transportation. In this section, you can learn more about:
- Safety tips for older adult drivers
- Driving with low vision
- How to decide when to stop driving
- How to find and hire a driver
- Your rights regarding accessible public transportation
- Accessible bus and train travel options
- Living Well with Low Vision Transportation Services Directory
- Your rights regarding air travel when you have vision loss
- And, of course, walking is always an option. See An Introduction to Orientation and Mobility Skills for more information about indoor and outdoor independent travel skills using a cane.
- Father James Warnke: Living a Well-Integrated Life
Father Warnke, who was born with retinopathy of prematurity (ROP) and glaucoma, has had a very successful series of careers as mental health counselor and Episcopal priest, to name just a few of his accomplishments.