Essential Skills for Everyday Living with Vision Loss
Vision loss does not have to prevent you from living an active, healthy, fulfilling life. There are many tips and techniques you can learn on your own to retain your independence; in addition, vision rehabilitation services and instruction can provide you with techniques that can help you accomplish many daily living skills safely and independently.
In this section about living independently at home with vision loss, we provide tips, techniques, and useful equipment to help you accomplish many everyday household tasks, including personal self-care, getting around safely indoors and outdoors, using the telephone, reading and writing, home and kitchen safety, eating skills, cleaning, household organization, and shopping.
New to vision loss? Our Getting Started Kit can help.
- The New Low Vision Focus @ Hadley Program for Older Adults with Low Vision
by Maureen Duffy on 5/12/2015
- Technology Success Brings Renewed Self-Confidence
by Sue Wiygul Martin on 1/12/2015
- International Day of Disabilities and Impact of Talking Books
by Audrey Demmitt on 12/3/2014
- Peer Advisors' Holiday Gift Picks
by Priscilla Rogers on 11/24/2014
- Meet Tom McCarville and the New "Low Vision Focus @ Hadley" Program at Hadley School for the Blind
by Maureen Duffy on 8/4/2014