Skills You Need for Everyday Living
Vision loss that occurs in adulthood can present special challenges. After relying on your sense of sight for most of your life, you'll likely discover that blindness, visual impairment, or low vision can require adaptations in the way you manage your everyday life and activities.
Losing your vision, however, does not mean that you'll have to give up your independence or any of the activities you currently enjoy.
In this section about living independently at home with vision loss, we provide tips, techniques, and information about helpful products that can help you accomplish a wide range of everyday tasks:
- How to Get the Most from the Bard in Your Book
by Maribel Steel on 3/27/2017
- Many Different Hats: An Audio Short Story
by Maribel Steel on 3/22/2017
- My Guide Dog, Grant: A Reason, a Season, and for a Lifetime
by Sheila Rousey on 2/27/2017
- Six Tips for Your Out-of-the-Box Museum Visit
by Lynda Lambert on 2/8/2017
- Chaperoning a Field Trip with My Sighted Child
by Beckie Horter on 2/1/2017