Essential Skills for Everyday Living
Vision loss that occurs in adulthood can present special challenges. After relying on your sense of sight for most of your life, you'll likely discover that blindness, visual impairment, or low vision can require adaptations in the way you manage your everyday life and activities.
Losing your vision, however, does not mean that you'll have to give up your independence or any of the activities you currently enjoy.
In this section about living independently at home with vision loss, we provide tips, techniques, and information about helpful products that can help you accomplish a wide range of everyday tasks, including home modifications, kitchen adaptations, household organization, orientation and mobility skills, recreation and leisure activities, and home repair.
- Summer Vacation in Colorado Fulfills Bucket List
by Lynda Jones on 8/29/2016
- Finding a New Home: Bucket List Sequel Four, Part 2
by Priscilla Rogers on 8/25/2016
- Writing Goals Achieved: Peer Advisor Bucket Lists--Sequel Four, Part 1
by Priscilla Rogers on 8/22/2016
- Getting Your Feet Wet in the Access Technology Wading Pool Part 3
by Steve Kelley on 8/11/2016
- Getting Your Feet Wet in the Access Technology Wading Pool Part 2
by Steve Kelley on 8/4/2016