Skills You Need for Everyday Living
Vision loss that occurs in adulthood can present special challenges. After relying on your sense of sight for most of your life, you'll likely discover that blindness, visual impairment, or low vision can require adaptations in the way you manage your everyday life and activities.
Losing your vision, however, does not mean that you'll have to give up your independence or any of the activities you currently enjoy.
In this section about living independently at home with vision loss, we provide tips, techniques, and information about helpful products that can help you accomplish a wide range of everyday tasks:
- Reading Bookshare Books Are Enjoyable but Maybe Not on iBooks
by Empish J. Thomas on 1/23/2017
- Review of "How Do You Do It Blind: Answers from People with Blindness and Visual Impairment"
by Lynda Jones on 1/17/2017
- Keeping Your Balance Through Outdoor Bike Riding
by Beckie Horter on 1/12/2017
- Beginning on a Positive "Quote"
by Maribel Steel on 1/9/2017
- One Dot at a Time: Learning Braille As Someone with Low Vision
by Susan Kennedy on 1/4/2017