Personal Stories: Living with Vision Loss
No two people experience vision loss in the same way. Many feel sadness, grief, anger, and other powerful emotions. Vision loss inevitably results in lifestyle changes and has an impact upon the lives of family members, friends, and significant others. Each person dealing with vision loss is unique; each has a compelling story to tell.
We'd love to hear your story. Please write to email@example.com if you'd like to share your own experience of adjusting to vision loss.
Enjoy stories about what others are doing to participate in fun and rewarding activities.
Read about people with vision loss who are using computers and technology successfully.
Read about techniques that people with vision problems use to navigate their environments.
Advice and direction that can help you assist your loved one to adapt to the many changes ahead.
Learn how other people with vision loss are able to remain in the workforce.
- Notes on Blindness: A Remarkable Film about Professor John Hull's Experience of Blindness Receives Strong Reviews
by Maureen Duffy on 7/11/2016
- Meet Rebecca Sheffield, Ph.D., Senior Policy Researcher, American Foundation for Blind Public Policy Center
by Maureen Duffy on 4/18/2016
- The Role My Disability Plays in My Identity
by Audrey Demmitt on 4/4/2016
- During Black History Month: Learn about Two Pioneering African-American Educators in the Blindness Hall of Fame
by Maureen Duffy on 2/8/2016
- AFB Press Releases New Edition of Making Life More Livable: Simple Adaptations for Living at Home after Vision Loss
by Priscilla Rogers on 12/7/2015