"Getting Started" Kit for People New to Vision Loss
Our tip sheets can help you get started.
Over 20 million Americans report trouble seeing, and that number is on the rise. Coping with vision loss can feel overwhelming and stressful, but when armed with the right information, you can face the future with confidence. With that in mind, the VisionAware™ "Getting Started" kit was created to provide hope and help to handle the challenges of vision loss, and to connect you and your family members with specialized services and products available to assist with everyday life with vision loss.
These tip sheets are just a small sample of the wealth of information you will find on VisionAware.org, including newsletters and blogs with the latest news on vision loss, and in-depth articles on eye conditions and on living with vision loss as well as vision rehabilitation professionals who can help you cope with vision loss. We also encourage you to download and share these free tip sheets from VisionAware; available in both English and Spanish. Right-click on any of the links below and choose "Save Target As..." to download them to your own computer.
To receive a free, print copy, email firstname.lastname@example.org and include your mailing address.
- You Can Get Help at www.VisionAware.org
- Five Questions to Ask Your Eye Care Professional
- Kitchen Safety Tips and Products
- Bathroom Safety Tips and Products
- Tips for Making Print More Readable
- Living with Vision Loss: Your Home Office
- Technology Tips and Products
- Meeting a Person with Vision Loss
- Having Fun!
- Keeping Fit
We are also happy to provide a plain-text version of the "Getting Started" kit that you can print out in your preferred font size. You can also download the audio version of the VisionAware™ "Getting Started" Kit on the same page.
Kit de "Primeros Pasos" de VisionAware™ en Español
- Usted puede obtener ayuda en www.VisionAware.org
- Preguntas que Debe Realizar a su Profesional para el Cuidado de la Vista
- Consejos y Productos para la Seguridad en la Cocina
- Consejos y Productos para la Seguridad en el Baño
- Consejos para Lograr que la Letra Sea más Legible
- Su Oficina en Casa
- Consejos y Productos de Tecnología
- Encuentro con una Persona con Pérdida de Visión
- Viviendo con la Pérdida de Visión: Mantenerse en Forma
You can also download the text version in Spanish.
We welcome your feedback and suggestions. Please email us at email@example.com.
- National Senior Independence Month Part 1
by Audrey Demmitt on 2/9/2016
- VisionAware Response: The White House Conference on Aging Final Report
by Maureen Duffy on 1/25/2016
- My Two Bucket Lists For Living with Visual Impairment
by Maribel Steel on 1/14/2016
- A Is for Ability on International Persons with a Disability Day
by Mary Hiland on 12/3/2015
- Download the VisionConnect App Today and Take the VisionAware Challenge
by Maureen Duffy on 7/14/2015