VisionAware - Home Page
Active Aging Week: Explore the Possibilities
Discover how you can keep active and explore your sense of adventure.
New Series on Blind Parenting
This new series provides first-hand experiences of visually impaired parents safely and independently raising their children. Read the latest post!
Bosma Enterprises: September Agency of the Month
Find out about this comprehensive service provider
National Guide Dog Month
VisionAware Peer Advisors share their experiences with their four-legged friends in honor of National Guide Dog Month.
New to Vision Loss?
Download 10 tip sheets to help you get started!
Is Vision Loss Making It Difficult to Cope?
Let VisionAware Help with Our "Getting Started" Kit
If you have just begun to deal with vision loss, you probably have many questions, frustrations and even fears. VisionAware was created to help you answer those questions, and cope with those frustrations.
Communicate and Connect
VisionAware offers many ways for you to connect to people and information that you need to know. Sign up to participate in our message boards, receive e-mails, and engage with the VisionAware community.
On Our Blogs
- African-American Patients: Highest Risk for Diabetic Retinopathy and Lowest Rates for Follow-Up Eye Care – What Kind of Education Is Needed?
by Maureen Duffy on 9/27/2016
- A Powerful New Report from the National Academies of Sciences, Engineering, and Medicine: Making Eye and Vision Health an Imperative for All Americans
by Maureen Duffy on 9/19/2016
- What's New in iOS 10 Accessibility for Blind, Low Vision, and Deaf-Blind Users Part 1: Scott Davert, AppleVis Editorial Team
by Maureen Duffy on 9/13/2016
- Blindness and Infertility: A Mother's Story
by Holly Bonner on 9/29/2016
- Stay Active and Keep Your Sense of Adventure Alive at Hull Park
by Audrey Demmitt on 9/27/2016
- What to Do if Mismatched to a New Guide Dog?
by Maribel Steel on 9/26/2016
Join the Conversation on our Message Boards
- Leading a Support Group? - 4 replies
- Charles Bonnet Syndrome - 10 replies
- How Can a Support Group Help in Adjusting to Visual Impairment? - 5 replies
- Sensible Solutions for Everyday Living with Vision Loss - 19 subjects
VisionAware on Twitter
New on VisionAware
- What's New in Accessibility on iOS 10
- Remembering "Disability Champion" Jay Stiteley
- New Research on Infection and Eye Injection Treatments
- Free, open-source screen reader is the focus of a new online tutorial series by the American Foundation for the Blind
- Largest Study of Age-Related Macular Degeneration in Latino Population Analyzes the Effect of the Disease on Quality of Life