VisionAware - Home Page
Mother's Day Gift Suggestions
Try some of these ideas for the mom in your life who is visually impaired.
Vision Rehabilitation Therapy Week
April 10-16 was Vision Rehabilitation Therapy Week
New to Vision Loss?
Download 10 tip sheets to help you get started!
Optim.Eyes Low Vision Support Group
VisionAware's Featured Group of the Month
Say Hello to Our New Look!
Two of the American Foundation for the Blind’s popular web programs—VisionAware and FamilyConnect—are sporting a new look.
Is Vision Loss Making It Difficult to Cope?
Let VisionAware Help with Our "Getting Started" Kit
If you have just begun to deal with vision loss, you probably have many questions, frustrations and even fears. VisionAware was created to help you answer those questions, and cope with those frustrations.
Communicate and Connect
VisionAware offers many ways for you to connect to people and information that you need to know. Sign up to participate in our message boards, receive e-mails, and engage with the VisionAware community.
On Our Blogs
- New Research: Do Electronic Medical Record (EMR) Systems Affect Adherence to Glaucoma Medication Regimens?
by Maureen Duffy on 4/25/2016
- Meet Rebecca Sheffield, Ph.D., Senior Policy Researcher, American Foundation for Blind Public Policy Center
by Maureen Duffy on 4/18/2016
- Researchers Identify a Mechanism that May Explain Why Some People Experience Accelerated Diabetic Retinopathy and Vision Loss
by Maureen Duffy on 4/12/2016
- Nurses with Disabilities Have Great Abilities, Part Two
by Katy Lewis on 4/27/2016
- Out of Sight Vegetable Gardening
by Priscilla Rogers on 4/23/2016
- Sue Martin Pens a New Memoir "In Dog We Trust"
by Mary D'Apice on 4/21/2016
Join the Conversation on our Message Boards
- Leading a Support Group? - 2 replies
- Charles Bonnet Syndrome - 5 replies
- How Can a Support Group Help in Adjusting to Visual Impairment? - 5 replies
- Sensible Solutions for Everyday Living with Vision Loss - 2 subjects
VisionAware on Twitter
New on VisionAware
- New Research on Electronic Medical Records and Adherence to Glaucoma Meds
- Mother's Day Gift Guide
- Peer Advisor Sue Wiygul Martin Pens New Memoir About Her Dog Guides
- Nutritional Supplements and Macular Degeneration
- Researchers Find More about Diabetic Retinopathy and Vision Loss
- Optim.Eyes Low Vision Support Group--VisionAware's Featured Group
- March Blows in a New Look to VisionAware
- Historic International Accord to Address the Global "Book Famine" Finally Sent to Senate