VisionAware - Home Page
Disability Employment Awareness Month
A key piece of finding a job in today's market is knowing new job search and interviewing techniques.
Beware! Scariest Part of Halloween
Wearing decorative contact lenses this year could be the scariest part of your Halloween. Read what the FDA has to say about these lenses.
New to Vision Loss?
Download 10 tip sheets to help you get started!
Is Vision Loss Making It Difficult to Cope?
Let VisionAware Help with Our "Getting Started" Kit
If you have just begun to deal with vision loss, you probably have many questions, frustrations and even fears. VisionAware was created to help you answer those questions, and cope with those frustrations.
Communicate and Connect
VisionAware offers many ways for you to connect to people and information that you need to know. Sign up to participate in our message boards, receive e-mails, and engage with the VisionAware community.
On Our Blogs
- New Job Search and Interviewing Techniques for Visually Impaired Job Seekers
by Neva Fairchild on 10/18/2016
- The Medicare Rights Center Answers Your Medicare Questions
by Priscilla Rogers on 10/10/2016
- Meet Alan R. Morse, J.D., Ph.D., President and Chief Executive Officer, Lighthouse Guild
by Maureen Duffy on 10/3/2016
- A Day at the Races with No Horses
by Mary Hiland on 10/20/2016
- Dealing with Workplace Bullying When You Are Visually Impaired
by Priscilla Rogers on 10/19/2016
- How Congenital Vision Loss Affects Motherhood
by AFB Staff on 10/12/2016
Join the Conversation on our Message Boards
- Leading a Support Group? - 4 replies
- Charles Bonnet Syndrome - 11 replies
- How Can a Support Group Help in Adjusting to Visual Impairment? - 5 replies
- Sensible Solutions for Everyday Living with Vision Loss - 22 subjects
VisionAware on Twitter
New on VisionAware
- Meet Alan Morse, President and CEO of Lighthouse Guild
- Five Great Ways to Celebrate National Disability Employment Awareness Month
- What's New in Accessibility on iOS 10
- Remembering "Disability Champion" Jay Stiteley
- New Research on Infection and Eye Injection Treatments
- Free, open-source screen reader is the focus of a new online tutorial series by the American Foundation for the Blind
- Largest Study of Age-Related Macular Degeneration in Latino Population Analyzes the Effect of the Disease on Quality of Life