VisionAware - Home Page
Making Life More Livable
New from AFB Press! The third edition of Making Life More Livable: Simple Adaptations for Living at Home After Vision Loss by Maureen Duffy
It's National Family Caregivers Month
Ed Henkler tells his story about helping his mother cope with age-related macular degeneration.
New Research on Treatment of Diabetic Retinopathy
Study shows Lucentis Is Highly Effective and More Effective than Traditional Laser Treatment
International Agency of the Month
Scottish War Blinded Celebrates 100 Years of Service
New from AFB Press: Orientation and Mobility for Independent Living
AFB Press is proud to release O&M for Independent Living: Strategies for Teaching Orientation and Mobility to Older Adults, edited by Nora Griffin-Shirley and Laura Bozeman.
Is Vision Loss Making It Difficult to Cope?
Let VisionAware Help with Our "Getting Started" Kit
If you have just begun to deal with vision loss, you probably have many questions, frustrations and even fears. VisionAware was created to help you answer those questions, and cope with those frustrations.
Communicate and Connect
VisionAware offers many ways for you to connect to people and information that you need to know. Sign up to participate in our message boards, receive e-mails, and engage with the VisionAware community.
On Our Blogs
- New Survey: Less than Half of United States Adults with Diabetes Understand Their Risk for Vision Loss
by Maureen Duffy on 11/24/2015
- New Research: Lucentis Is Effective in Treating Proliferative Diabetic Retinopathy and More Effective than Traditional Laser Treatment
by Maureen Duffy on 11/17/2015
- On Veterans Day: VisionAware Thanks Our Veterans and Provides Critical Information and Veteran-Specific Resources
by Maureen Duffy on 11/10/2015
- Surviving the Holidays and Vision Loss
by Sue Wiygul Martin on 11/24/2015
- Our Readers Want to Know: Managing Diabetes Medications
by Audrey Demmitt on 11/23/2015
- Food Gifts You Can Make for the Holidays--Part 3
by Maribel Steel on 11/20/2015
Join the Conversation on our Message Boards
- Leading a Support Group? - 2 replies
- Charles Bonnet Syndrome - 4 replies
- How Can a Support Group Help in Adjusting to Visual Impairment? - 5 replies
- Adjusting to Vision Loss - 48 subjects
- Diabetic Retinopathy Community - 6 subjects
VisionAware on Twitter
New on VisionAware
- Dr. Robert Massof Discusses His Low Vision Research
- Release of Making Life More Livable by Maureen Duffy, M.S., CVRT
- New Primer on Cell and Tablet Usage
- New video magnifier features high-definition touch-screen interface
- New research into driving with low vision examines role of field loss in detection of pedestrians
- Stem Trial for Wet Macular Degeneration Underway
- Is Glaucoma a Genetic Disease?
- Scott Davert Talks About What's New in iOS 9
- Housing Development in the U.K. to Include Supported-Living Facilities for People with Vision Loss
- Dog Guide School Pairs First Dog Certified to Assist a Runner with Vision Loss