FREE AFB VisionConnect App Now Available for Android Devices
Date Posted: 10/31/2016
The American Foundation for the Blind is pleased to announce that its popular VisionConnect™ app is now available for Android, as well as iOS devices. It can be downloaded from both the GooglePlay Store or the Apple App Store.
If you are losing your vision, but wanting to keep your independence, the VisionConnect™ app can help you:
- Find services and support in your community through a searchable directory.
- Live independently with a visual impairment, using helpful resources and tips.
- Research information about low vision products and technology.
- Find inspiration and motivation from personal stories and employment advice.
- Talk to family members about how they can be supportive.
The VisionConnect™ app provides hope, help and connection for adults encountering vision loss for the first time and for families supporting a child experiencing vision lost. Service providers can also use the app to help locate vision rehabilitation services for their clients. The app is FREE and completely accessible. Learn more at www.afb.org/visionconnect.
If you are interested in helping AFB spread the word about the VisionConnect app, free materials are available for medical and vision loss professionals to distribute. Order at afb.org/store/visionconnect.