COMPUTERS for $50 - $70 for persons on SSDI and/or SSI due to Blindness and to Parents of Children with Visual Impairments
Date Posted: 11/10/2016Computers for the Blind (CFTB) has received a generous grant, from the Reading Resource Fund-Communities Foundation of Texas, to provide computers at a very low cost to persons who meet the following requirements:
- Must be on SSDI and/or SSI due to blindness
- Must submit award letter from Social Security verifying SSI or SSDI OR
- Parents of a child with a visual impairment may receive a desktop computer package (desktop computer, flat screen monitor, and peripherals') or a laptop. A letter of recommendation from the student’s Teacher of the Visually Impaired (TVI) is required. The letter needs to indicate that obtaining a computer at our standard price of $110 would create a financial burden on the family. No other financial information needed. The TVI also needs to indicate that the student needs a computer and is capable of benefitting from the computer. Note: We have discovered that a child who can press the space bar may be able use a computer with proper training, special software, and USB connections. See attached.
- All computers have a 2 year hardware warranty and ship for free.
- All computers have speech and screen enlargement software and much more. See website for computer specifications.
- No purchase orders accepted for this grant.
- Talking Typing Teacher is available from MarvelSoft for $10 through this grant. It is 90% off of retail and is highly recommended for all users!
Customer Service: 214-340-6328