Beginning on a Positive "Quote"
by Maribel Steel
At this time of year, New Year resolutions abound. As a writer and a person living with a visual impairment, I am always on the look out for uplifting quotations that will help me focus on new ventures and goals. I find encouragement and peace of mind when I stop for a moment to consider the wise words of others and can gain insights for my personal aspirations. Like a beacon radiating with light, quotations have the ability to cast a more positive perspective on our thought process when life can get challenging.
Following are 17 quotations especially chosen for their uplifting message under the three themes of acceptance, courage, and perseverance. You may like to copy and paste, keep in a journal, or find a favorite and let it keep your thoughts moving in the direction of your goals in 2017.
17. “Acceptance doesn't mean resignation; it means understanding that something is what it is and that there's got to be a way through it.” Michael J. Fox
16. “The only way to make sense out of change is to plunge into it, move with it, and join the dance.” Alan Watts
15. “When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.” Viktor Frankle
14. “When love and skill work together, expect a masterpiece.” John Ruskin
13. “When we take time to notice the things that go right - it means we're getting a lot of little rewards throughout the day.” Martin Seligman
12. “Being challenged in life is inevitable, being defeated is optional.” Roger Crawford
11. “The gem cannot be polished without friction, nor man perfected without trials.” Chinese Proverb
10. “For happiness, one needs security, but joy can spring like a flower even from the cliffs of despair.” Anonymous
9. “God changes caterpillars into butterflies, sand into pearls and coal into diamonds using time and pressure. He’s working on you, too.” Rick Warren
8. “Nothing is so rewarding than the patience that you take to go over the ramps of life. They may slow you down, but you are an unstoppable hero. Keep driving!” Israelmore Ayivor
7. “Feel the fear...and do it anyway.” Susan Jeffers
6. “As we rise to meet the challenges that are a natural part of living, we awaken to our many undiscovered gifts, to our inner power and our purpose.” Susan L. Taylor
5. “The most rewarding things you do in life are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer
4. “The early bird gets the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.” Anonymous
3. “Coming together is a beginning; keeping together is progress; working together is success.” Henry Ford
2. “When you want something,all the universe conspires in helping you to achieve it.” Paulo Coelho
1. “Success and happiness lies in you. Resolve to keep happy and your joy and you shall form an invincible host against difficulties.” Helen Keller
Perhaps you have a favorite quote too? Please share in the comments below and see if we can create a bumper collection for this year...
Inspirational Quotes for the New Year
Re: Beginning on a Positive "Quote"Posted by Quietwater on 1/12/2017 at 3:57 PM
I too collect quotes, but not all of mine are directly inspirational. They are more action activators. For example, "Only those who attempt the absurd will achieve the impossible.--M. C. Escher. "my mother taught me that humor was the universal solvent against the abrasive elements of life.--Alan Simpson. "I always wondered why somebody didn't do something about that; then I realized I was somebody!--Lilly Tomlin."Life is not about waiting for th storm to pass ... it's about learning to dance in the rain!"--Vivian Greene.
Re: Beginning on a Positive "Quote"Posted by maribelsteel on 1/12/2017 at 5:07 PM
Deanna - love them! Especially the one by Vivienne Green to dance in the rain. I find it fascinating how just a few words put together in just the right way can be so inspiring or comforting. Thank you for sharing some of yours...
Re: Beginning on a Positive "Quote"Posted by ADemmitt on 1/13/2017 at 11:46 AM
Thanks Maribel for this fresh list of quotes...my favorite Helen keller quote is something like: " There is much adversity in the world but there is also much over-coming of it."
Log in to Post a Comment
- Low Vision (32 posts)
- Reading (24 posts)
- Arts and Leisure (12 posts)
- Social Life and Recreation (63 posts)
- Health (19 posts)
- Sports (6 posts)
- Blind Parenting (12 posts)
- Personal Reflections (171 posts)
- Independence (95 posts)
- Laughter is Often the Best Medicine (25 posts)
- Caregiving (12 posts)
- Getting Around (42 posts)
- Holidays (31 posts)
- Helpful Products (16 posts)
- Self-Advocacy (19 posts)