VisionAware - Home Page
VICTA Featured International Agency
Dr. Lynley Hood, VisionAware Peer Advisor, Co-founds Agency in New Zealand
Research Indicates Patients not Referred for Low Vision Services in a Timely and Efficient Manner
Be aware of what low vision services can do for you.
Featured Support Group
A Gift for You and a Gift for Us!
Our friends at L’OCCITANE en Provence will contribute $5 to AFB for each purchase of select gift sets purchased in stores or online this month. These luxurious beauty products and fragrances are sure to please everyone on your gift list!
New Research: Top-Selling Eye Supplements
Lack Scientific Evidence and Make Unsupported Claims
Do You Have Problems with Light and Glare Sensitivity?
With Light and Glare Sensitivity?
Is Vision Loss Making It Difficult to Cope?
Let VisionAware Help with Our "Getting Started" Kit
If you have just begun to deal with vision loss, you probably have many questions, frustrations and even fears. VisionAware was created to help you answer those questions, and cope with those frustrations.
Communicate and Connect
VisionAware offers many ways for you to connect to people and information that you need to know. Sign up to participate in our message boards, receive e-mails, and engage with the VisionAware community.
On Our Blogs
- Researchers Create Light-Sensitive Retinal Cells for Potential Retinitis Pigmentosa Treatment
by Maureen Duffy on 12/18/2014
- New Research: African-Americans with Diabetes Experience the Highest Rates of Vision Loss
by Maureen Duffy on 12/15/2014
- New Research: Top-Selling Eye Supplements Lack Scientific Evidence, Make Unsupported Claims
by Maureen Duffy on 12/11/2014
- Peer Advisor Favorite Holiday Recipes Part 2: Appetizers and Entrees
by Priscilla Rogers on 12/18/2014
- Peer Advisor Favorite Holiday Recipes Part 1: Desserts
by Priscilla Rogers on 12/17/2014
- Accessible Kitchen Aids for Successful Holiday Cooking with Vision Loss
by Empish J. Thomas on 12/15/2014
Join the Conversation on our Message Boards
- Leading a Support Group? - 0 replies
- Charles Bonnet Syndrome - 2 replies
- How Can a Support Group Help in Adjusting to Visual Impairment? - 5 replies
- Adjusting to Vision Loss - 39 subjects
- Diabetic Retinopathy Community - 3 subjects
VisionAware on Twitter
New on VisionAware
- Shop at L’OCCITANE and Help AFB
- VICTA FEatured International Agency in New Zealand
- Shared Visions Support Group
- Patients Not Referred for Low Vision in Timely Manner
- Self-Help Groups Seminar at Hadley
- Existing FDA-Approved HIV/AIDS Drugs Could Be Repurposed to Treat Macular Degeneration
- Holiday Gift Guide
- Call for papers for the JVIB 2016 Special Issue on Aging
- Two mixed-model companies are restoring vision in developing countries
- Free Readers Digest Large Print Calendar