VisionAware - Home Page
Meet the October Agency of the Month
NewView Oklahoma offers comprehensive low vision services and many other vision rehabilitation services in O
October Support Group
Sights Unlimited Chapter 1 Hometown, Illinois
Upcoming Conference on Vision Loss in Older Adults and Veterans
Interview with Dr. Gregory Goodrich, Chair of the Conference.
First Stem Cell Clinical Trial for Wet Macular Degeneration Underway in London
Read about this pioneering research
New! The VisionConnect™ App
AFB is pleased to announce the release of another free, accessible iOS app: VisionConnect™, a prescription for independence for people who are blind or losing vision.
Is Vision Loss Making It Difficult to Cope?
Let VisionAware Help with Our "Getting Started" Kit
If you have just begun to deal with vision loss, you probably have many questions, frustrations and even fears. VisionAware was created to help you answer those questions, and cope with those frustrations.
Communicate and Connect
VisionAware offers many ways for you to connect to people and information that you need to know. Sign up to participate in our message boards, receive e-mails, and engage with the VisionAware community.
On Our Blogs
- A VoiceOver User's Guide to Apple's "3D Touch" Feature on the New iPhone 6s and 6s Plus: Scott Davert, AppleVis Editorial Team
by Maureen Duffy on 10/6/2015
- The First Stem Cell Clinical Trial for Wet Macular Degeneration Is Underway in London
by Maureen Duffy on 9/30/2015
- Is Glaucoma a Genetic Disease? New and Innovative Genetic Research Shows Promise in the Treatment of Glaucoma
by Maureen Duffy on 9/28/2015
- My Emergency Preparedness Bag
by DeAnna Quietwater Noriega on 9/27/2015
- Protect Your Independence: Create a Fall Prevention Plan
by Audrey Demmitt on 9/22/2015
- Top Ten Ways My Dog Guide Assists Me
by Audrey Demmitt on 9/17/2015
Join the Conversation on our Message Boards
- Leading a Support Group? - 2 replies
- Charles Bonnet Syndrome - 4 replies
- How Can a Support Group Help in Adjusting to Visual Impairment? - 5 replies
- Adjusting to Vision Loss - 47 subjects
- Diabetic Retinopathy Community - 6 subjects
VisionAware on Twitter
New on VisionAware
- Stem Trial for Wet Macular Degeneration Underway
- Is Glaucoma a Genetic Disease?
- Scott Davert Talks About What's New in iOS 9
- Housing Development in the U.K. to Include Supported-Living Facilities for People with Vision Loss
- Dog Guide School Pairs First Dog Certified to Assist a Runner with Vision Loss
- Talking Scientific Calculator is Designed to Function in "Exactly the Same" Way as Inaccessible Version
- Free App Designed to Provide Street-Crossing Information for Signalized Intersections That Lack Accessible Pedestrian Signals is Available
- New Technique for Treating Macular Hole
- Lessons Learned in the School of Life
- New Immune Rejection Stem Cell Discovery