VisionAware - Home Page
Google's "Smart" Contact Lens
for Measuring Blood Glucose for People with Diabetes
August Support Group
The International Low Vision Support Group
Cataract Surgery for People with Dementia Improves Vision and Quality of Life
Depression and Vision Loss
Preventing depression through integrated low vision and mental health treatment
Medicare Coverage for Low Vision Devices
Magnification devices are vital to the health and well-being of millions of Americans with vision loss.
Is Vision Loss Making It Difficult to Cope?
Let VisionAware Help with Our "Getting Started" Kit
If you have just begun to deal with vision loss, you probably have many questions, frustrations and even fears. VisionAware was created to help you answer those questions, and cope with those frustrations.
Communicate and Connect
VisionAware offers many ways for you to connect to people and information that you need to know. Sign up to participate in our message boards, receive e-mails, and engage with the VisionAware community.
On Our Blogs
- Google's Prototype "Smart Contact Lens": Measuring Blood Glucose Levels for People with Diabetes
by Maureen Duffy on 7/31/2014
- Meet Robert Wall Emerson, Ph.D. and the Newly-Funded "Better Long White Cane" Project
by Maureen Duffy on 7/29/2014
- Alzheimer Research: Cataract Surgery for People with Dementia Improves Vision and Quality of Life
by Maureen Duffy on 7/24/2014
- Foibles with Food
by Lynda Jones on 7/30/2014
- Cruising with My Family
by Mary Hiland on 7/28/2014
- 24 Years of the Americans with Disabilities Act
by Empish J. Thomas on 7/25/2014
New on VisionAware
- International Support Group
- Google's Prototype "Smart Contact Lens"
- July News--Independence and Fun
- Leader and deafblind advocate Robert J. Smithdas has died
- Depression and Vision Loss
- State agency and university collaborate to help students with visual impairments make the transition to higher education
- Does Treating Macular Degeneration Lead to Improved Quality of Life?
- First U.S. clinical trial for rare eye disease in planning stages
- $50 million-plus pledged to fight retinal degenerative diseases
- Access to 2014 World Cup matches with audio commentary service for ticketholders