VisionAware - Home Page
New to Vision Loss?
Download 10 tip sheets to help you get started!
May U.S Agency of the Month
ITN America provides vital transportation for seniors
Older Women at Risk for Vision Problems
Guest blogger Mary E. Worstell, Office on Women's Health, United States Department of Health and Human Services, posts about women and health issues
Depression and Vision Loss
May is Mental Health Awareness Month
Is Vision Loss Making It Difficult to Cope?
Let VisionAware Help with Our "Getting Started" Kit
If you have just begun to deal with vision loss, you probably have many questions, frustrations and even fears. VisionAware was created to help you answer those questions, and cope with those frustrations.
Communicate and Connect
VisionAware offers many ways for you to connect to people and information that you need to know. Sign up to participate in our message boards, receive e-mails, and engage with the VisionAware community.
On Our Blogs
- New Research: Automobile Side Windows Do not Offer Sufficient Protection from UV Light, Increase the Risk of Cataracts and Other Eye Diseases
by Maureen Duffy on 5/23/2016
- The American Foundation for the Blind (AFB) 21st Century Agenda on Aging and Vision Loss Is Moving Forward!
by Priscilla Rogers on 5/17/2016
- Aging in America: Women at Risk for Vision Problems
by Priscilla Rogers on 5/16/2016
- Get in the Swim for Memorial Day
by Mary Hiland on 5/26/2016
- Peer Advisors Update Bucket Lists-Sequel Three
by Priscilla Rogers on 5/23/2016
- Physical Fitness: Move More, Sit Less
by Katy Lewis on 5/18/2016
Join the Conversation on our Message Boards
- Leading a Support Group? - 2 replies
- Charles Bonnet Syndrome - 5 replies
- How Can a Support Group Help in Adjusting to Visual Impairment? - 5 replies
- Sensible Solutions for Everyday Living with Vision Loss - 2 subjects
VisionAware on Twitter
New on VisionAware
- New macular degeneration research from the Los Angeles Latino Eye Study
- Check Out Our Latest Newsletter
- New Research on Electronic Medical Records and Adherence to Glaucoma Meds
- Mother's Day Gift Guide
- Peer Advisor Sue Wiygul Martin Pens New Memoir About Her Dog Guides
- Nutritional Supplements and Macular Degeneration
- Researchers Find More about Diabetic Retinopathy and Vision Loss
- Optim.Eyes Low Vision Support Group--VisionAware's Featured Group
- March Blows in a New Look to VisionAware
- New York Clinician Scientist Secures $2.78 Million to Fund Gene Therapy Research for Macular Degeneration