VisionAware - Home Page
Vision Loss Resources Celebrates 100th Birthday
Did you know they wrote a book for this momentous occasion? Find out more!
Do People with Macular Degeneration Under-Report Smoking Rates?
Read more about this research
Sowing IOS Knowledge Across Iowa
Iowans who are blind or visually impaired receive needed training on IOS usage
September Is Healthy Aging Month
Find out about healthy aging.
Is Vision Loss Making It Difficult to Cope?
Let VisionAware Help with Our "Getting Started" Kit
If you have just begun to deal with vision loss, you probably have many questions, frustrations and even fears. VisionAware was created to help you answer those questions, and cope with those frustrations.
Communicate and Connect
VisionAware offers many ways for you to connect to people and information that you need to know. Sign up to participate in our message boards, receive e-mails, and engage with the VisionAware community.
On Our Blogs
- Is Glaucoma a Genetic Disease? Three New Research Projects Pinpoint Six Specific Genes
by Maureen Duffy on 9/2/2014
- New Research: Do People with Macular Degeneration Under-Report Their Smoking Rates?
by Maureen Duffy on 8/28/2014
- Do People with Glaucoma Read Less and Engage Less with Reading Tasks? New Research Says Yes
by Maureen Duffy on 8/26/2014
- Advocating for Yourself Within the Healthcare System
by Max Ivey on 9/1/2014
- Light at the End of the Tunnel: My Travels on Amtrak
by Empish J. Thomas on 8/27/2014
- Ski for Light, A Thrilling Experience
by Mary Hiland on 8/20/2014
New on VisionAware
- Vision Loss Resources Celebrates 100 Years of Service
- Do People with Glaucoma Read Less?
- End of Summer News
- Do People with Macular Degeneration Under Report Their Smoking Rates?
- Concordia Learning Center names new executive director
- FDA Approves EYLEA for Treatment of Diabetic Macular Edema
- Educating Older Americans About Their Aging Eyes
- Do Doctors Approach Macular Degeneration Differently When Treating It Themselves
- Google's Prototype "Smart Contact Lens"
- International Support Group