VisionAware - Home Page
May Is Healthy Vision Month
Make an appointment to see your eye care specialist.
Tell Us What You Think!
VisionAware is committed to making the site as useful as possible.
Mississippi State National Training Center on Blindness and Low Vision
VisionAware Featured Agency
May Is Older Americans Act Month
This year's theme is "Get into the Act."
Is Vision Loss Making It Difficult to Cope?
Let VisionAware Help with Our "Getting Started" Kit
If you have just begun to deal with vision loss, you probably have many questions, frustrations and even fears. VisionAware was created to help you answer those questions, and cope with those frustrations.
Communicate and Connect
VisionAware offers many ways for you to connect to people and information that you need to know. Sign up to participate in our message boards, receive e-mails, and engage with the VisionAware community.
On Our Blogs
- Optogenetics: Can This Innovative Gene Therapy Treat Degenerative Retinal Disease and Possibly Restore Sight?
by Maureen Duffy on 5/19/2015
- Can a Drug to Treat Parkinson’s Disease Also Prevent Macular Degeneration?
by Maureen Duffy on 5/14/2015
- The New Low Vision Focus @ Hadley Program for Older Adults with Low Vision
by Maureen Duffy on 5/12/2015
- Make Physical Activity and Fitness a Way of Life
by Audrey Demmitt on 5/22/2015
- Coping with Life Changes as We Grow Older
by Linda Fugate on 5/21/2015
- Dog Days at the Dentist
by Lynda Jones on 5/12/2015
Join the Conversation on our Message Boards
- Leading a Support Group? - 2 replies
- Charles Bonnet Syndrome - 3 replies
- How Can a Support Group Help in Adjusting to Visual Impairment? - 5 replies
- Adjusting to Vision Loss - 44 subjects
- Diabetic Retinopathy Community - 4 subjects
VisionAware on Twitter
New on VisionAware
- National Research and Training Center Featured Agency
- Benefits of Gene Therapy for Leber Congenital Amaurosis Are Not Permanent
- Canadian Government Agrees to Implement Marrakesh Treaty
- May is Healthy Vision Month
- Mothers Day Gift Ideas
- Alfred A. Rosenbloom, Pioneer in Optometry, Aging, Has Died
- Macula Vision Research Foundation and Readers Digest Partners for Sight Announce Partnership
- Help for Facebook Access
- Honor Vision Rehabilitation Therapists
- Blinded Veterans Support Group