VisionAware - Home Page
Assistant Secretary Kathy Martinez
Featured in video honoring National Disability Employment Awareness Month
Eye Injury Prevention Month
What Do Eye Injuries, Circle Contact Lenses and Halloween Have in Common?
October Featured Support Series: New Perspectives
Offered by the Vision Forward Association
Blind Citizens Australia--International Agency of the Month!
With International World Sight Day coming up this month, October is the perfect time to introduce this new feature!
Is Vision Loss Making It Difficult to Cope?
Let VisionAware Help with Our "Getting Started" Kit
If you have just begun to deal with vision loss, you probably have many questions, frustrations and even fears. VisionAware was created to help you answer those questions, and cope with those frustrations.
Communicate and Connect
VisionAware offers many ways for you to connect to people and information that you need to know. Sign up to participate in our message boards, receive e-mails, and engage with the VisionAware community.
On Our Blogs
- Eye Injury Prevention Month: Halloween, Lady Gaga, and Cosmetic Contact Lenses
by Maureen Duffy on 10/16/2014
- New Research Demonstrates that Changes in the Eye and Retina Can Predict the Onset of Dementia
by Maureen Duffy on 10/14/2014
- Celebrating White Cane Safety Day and Blind Americans Equality Day: October 15, 2014
by Maureen Duffy on 10/9/2014
- The White Cane: Symbol of Dependence Or Independence
by Priscilla Rogers on 10/17/2014
- My First Mobility Lessons Learning to Use A White Cane
by Sue Wiygul Martin on 10/16/2014
- Using a White Cane Gives Me Confidence and Safety
by Mary Hiland on 10/15/2014
New on VisionAware
- Video Featuring Assistant Secretary Kathy Martinez
- Free booklet introduces braille readers to Unified English Braille
- It's Eye Injury Prevention Month!
- FDA grants Priority Review status for new drug for the treatment of diabetic retinopathy
- White Cane Safety Day
- October 9 Was World Sight Day
- Newly-Discovered Stem Cells, A Potential Source of Treatment for Retinal Disease?
- Check Out Our Featured Support Group for October!
- September Newsletter
- New CDC Research on Vision Loss and Quality of Life