VisionAware - Home Page
VisionAware Has 4th Birthday!
Join us in celebrating our accomplishments.
Ethical Issues in Low Vision Rehabilitation
Find out more.
Featured Support Group McKinleyville, CA
Find out about the group's activities, led by Doug Rose
New to Vision Loss?
Download 10 tip sheets to help you get started!
Is Vision Loss Making It Difficult to Cope?
Let VisionAware Help with Our "Getting Started" Kit
If you have just begun to deal with vision loss, you probably have many questions, frustrations and even fears. VisionAware was created to help you answer those questions, and cope with those frustrations.
Communicate and Connect
VisionAware offers many ways for you to connect to people and information that you need to know. Sign up to participate in our message boards, receive e-mails, and engage with the VisionAware community.
On Our Blogs
- New Research Indicates Long-Term Positive Effects of Intensive Blood Sugar Control on the Progression of Diabetic Retinopathy
by Maureen Duffy on 6/27/2016
- New Research: Results from the Philadelphia Glaucoma Detection and Treatment Project
by Maureen Duffy on 6/20/2016
- Our Readers Want To Know: Can I Continue Gardening with Vision Loss?
by Maureen Duffy on 6/13/2016
- Happy Birthday Helen Keller!
by Lenore Dillon on 6/26/2016
- Vacationing with Vision Loss: Tips and Strategies
by Sheila Rousey on 6/22/2016
- 7 Lessons on Coping with Blindness: A Father's Day Reflection
by Holly Bonner on 6/16/2016
Join the Conversation on our Message Boards
- Leading a Support Group? - 2 replies
- Charles Bonnet Syndrome - 7 replies
- How Can a Support Group Help in Adjusting to Visual Impairment? - 5 replies
- Sensible Solutions for Everyday Living with Vision Loss - 9 subjects
VisionAware on Twitter
New on VisionAware
- Largest Study of Age-Related Macular Degeneration in Latino Population Analyzes the Effect of the Disease on Quality of Life
- New Research Indicates that Number of Older Americans with Visual Impairment or Blindness Is Expected To Double By 2050
- Read our newest VisionAware Newsletter
- New Research on Glare Protection from Automobile Side Windows