VisionAware - Home Page
New Research Explores Public Attitudes about Eye and Vision Health
Findings emphasize the importance of focusing on the eye health and public support for vision research
Going Back to School
A fascinating interview with Steven Wilson by Maribel Steel
Stem Cell Research for Wet and Dry Macular Degeneration
Update on Progress on the London Project to Cure Blindness
Featured Support Group
Peace Village Low Vision Support Group
New to Vision Loss?
Download 10 tip sheets to help you get started!
Is Vision Loss Making It Difficult to Cope?
Let VisionAware Help with Our "Getting Started" Kit
If you have just begun to deal with vision loss, you probably have many questions, frustrations and even fears. VisionAware was created to help you answer those questions, and cope with those frustrations.
Communicate and Connect
VisionAware offers many ways for you to connect to people and information that you need to know. Sign up to participate in our message boards, receive e-mails, and engage with the VisionAware community.
On Our Blogs
- Updates from the London Project to Cure Blindness: Stem Cell Research for Wet and Dry Macular Degeneration
by Maureen Duffy on 8/22/2016
- New Research Examines the Association Between Diabetic Eye Disease and Depression: Should Eye Doctors Be More Alert to Patients' Mental Health?
by Maureen Duffy on 8/15/2016
- New Research Exploring Public Attitudes About Eye and Vision Health: Losing Vision Is Equal to Losing Hearing, Memory, Speech, or a Limb
by Maureen Duffy on 8/8/2016
- Writing Goals Achieved: Peer Advisor Bucket Lists--Sequel Four, Part 1
by Priscilla Rogers on 8/22/2016
- Summertime and the Living Is Easy
by Sue Wiygul Martin on 8/18/2016
- Getting Your Feet Wet in the Access Technology Wading Pool Part 3
by Steve Kelley on 8/11/2016
Join the Conversation on our Message Boards
- Leading a Support Group? - 2 replies
- Charles Bonnet Syndrome - 10 replies
- How Can a Support Group Help in Adjusting to Visual Impairment? - 5 replies
- Sensible Solutions for Everyday Living with Vision Loss - 15 subjects
VisionAware on Twitter
New on VisionAware
- New Research on Infection and Eye Injection Treatments
- Free, open-source screen reader is the focus of a new online tutorial series by the American Foundation for the Blind
- New Research on Blood Sugar Control and Diabetic Retinopathy
- New Getting Started Tip Sheet on Hearing and Vision Loss
- Largest Study of Age-Related Macular Degeneration in Latino Population Analyzes the Effect of the Disease on Quality of Life
- New Research Indicates that Number of Older Americans with Visual Impairment or Blindness Is Expected To Double By 2050
- Read our newest VisionAware Newsletter