VisionAware - Home Page
January Is Glaucoma Month
Find out about helpful resources from VisionAware and our partner, NEHEP.
Leader Dogs Offers Orientation and Mobility Training
Audrey Demmitt writes about
What's Going on with Money Identification?
The latest scoop
Low Vision Expert
VisionAware interviews Donald Fletcher, MD, on the blog.
January Is Braille Literacy Awareness Month
Read up on Louis Braille and the ongoing impact of braille in everyday life
Research on Factors
That Influence People To Pursue Vision Rehabilitation Services
Is Vision Loss Making It Difficult to Cope?
Let VisionAware Help with Our "Getting Started" Kit
If you have just begun to deal with vision loss, you probably have many questions, frustrations and even fears. VisionAware was created to help you answer those questions, and cope with those frustrations.
Communicate and Connect
VisionAware offers many ways for you to connect to people and information that you need to know. Sign up to participate in our message boards, receive e-mails, and engage with the VisionAware community.
On Our Blogs
- Announcing the National Federation of the Blind 2015 Annual Writing Contest
by Maureen Duffy on 1/29/2015
- New Research: Surgery May Not Completely Undo the Effects of Long-Term Blindness
by Maureen Duffy on 1/26/2015
- New Research: "Blindness Simulation" Activities May Do More Harm than Good
by Maureen Duffy on 1/22/2015
- Surviving a New Year Festival in Australia--As a Visually Impaired Person!
by Maribel Steel on 1/28/2015
- How Can I Be Fashionable in the New Year If I Am a Blind or Visually Impaired Woman?
by Steph McCoy on 1/23/2015
- Coping with Caregiving in Your Own Way: You Can Help
by Amy Bovaird on 1/16/2015
Join the Conversation on our Message Boards
- Leading a Support Group? - 1 reply
- Charles Bonnet Syndrome - 2 replies
- How Can a Support Group Help in Adjusting to Visual Impairment? - 5 replies
- Adjusting to Vision Loss - 41 subjects
- Diabetic Retinopathy Community - 4 subjects
VisionAware on Twitter
New on VisionAware
- Free Question and Answer Session for Webinar: An Introduction to the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau
- Get A Free Currency Reader from the U.S. Department of Treasury
- Leader Dog Offers Excellent Orientation and Mobility Training
- Factors That Influence People with Low Vision to Pursue Rehabilitation
- New Vision Rehabilitation and Vocational Training Center is Coming to Maine
- January is Glaucoma Awareness Month
- U.S. Pharmacy Chain Enhances Accessibility Options for Prescription Labels by Adding Braille and Large-Print
- VISIONS Agency of the Month for January
- Louis Braille's Birthday and Braille Literacy Awareness Month
- Research on Glaucoma: Eye Pressure Lower Drops Can Help Preserve Vision Field