VisionAware - Home Page
Tell Us What You Think!
VisionAware is committed to making the site as useful as possible.
Financial Literacy Month
Find out about what the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau Offers.
Highlighted Support Group
Group supports Veterans in the Rio Grande Area.
Vision Rehabilitation Therapy Week
April 12-18 is VRT Week
It's National Volunteer Week
The many contributions of volunteers are celebrated nationwide this week.
Patient's Guide to Glaucoma
VisionAware brings you a new resource.
Is Vision Loss Making It Difficult to Cope?
Let VisionAware Help with Our "Getting Started" Kit
If you have just begun to deal with vision loss, you probably have many questions, frustrations and even fears. VisionAware was created to help you answer those questions, and cope with those frustrations.
Communicate and Connect
VisionAware offers many ways for you to connect to people and information that you need to know. Sign up to participate in our message boards, receive e-mails, and engage with the VisionAware community.
On Our Blogs
- Vision Rehabilitation Therapists Awareness Week Commemorates Anne Sullivan’s Birthday
by Priscilla Rogers on 4/17/2015
- Preparing for the 2015 White House Conference on Aging: Highlights of the Phoenix Conversation on Aging and Vision Loss
by Priscilla Rogers on 4/16/2015
- Diabetes and the Significance of the A1C Test
by Audrey Demmitt on 4/7/2015
- Blindness Brings Kindness
by Maribel Steel on 4/16/2015
- What to Do When Saying Thanks Seems Like Not Enough
by Mary Hiland on 4/15/2015
- Volunteering with Blinded Veterans Leads to a Fulfilling Career at the Veterans Administration
by Sue Wiygul Martin on 4/14/2015
Join the Conversation on our Message Boards
- Leading a Support Group? - 2 replies
- Charles Bonnet Syndrome - 2 replies
- How Can a Support Group Help in Adjusting to Visual Impairment? - 5 replies
- Adjusting to Vision Loss - 43 subjects
- Diabetic Retinopathy Community - 4 subjects
VisionAware on Twitter
New on VisionAware
- Blinded Veterans Support Group
- Judy Scott Talks About Attending Big 12 Basketball Tournament
- Basketball! A Game You can Enjoy
- Diabetes Alert Day
- Patients Guide to Living with Glaucoma
- White House Conference on Aging
- Helen Keller International
- Smartphone app is designed to use 3D camera technology to detect overhead obstacles
- Cause of Age-related Macular Degeneration is Linked to Calcium Deposits
- Eylea Outperforms Other Drugs for Treatment of Diabetic Macular Edema with Moderate or Worse Vision Loss