VisionAware - Home Page
It's Low Vision Awareness Month
Be aware of what low vision services can do for you.
Older Workers Survey
Please participate if you are 55 or over and continued working after vision loss or gone back to work after losing vision.
Understanding the Type of Visual Gains Produced by the Argus II Retinal Prosthesis.
Find out about this fascinating research.
Ideas for Valentine's Day
Want to purchase a Valentine gift for someone on your shopping list who is blind or visually impaired?
Is Vision Loss Making It Difficult to Cope?
Let VisionAware Help with Our "Getting Started" Kit
If you have just begun to deal with vision loss, you probably have many questions, frustrations and even fears. VisionAware was created to help you answer those questions, and cope with those frustrations.
Communicate and Connect
VisionAware offers many ways for you to connect to people and information that you need to know. Sign up to participate in our message boards, receive e-mails, and engage with the VisionAware community.
On Our Blogs
- Meet Dr. Gislin Dagnelie and Dr. Duane Geruschat: Pioneers in the Study of Restored and Prosthetic Vision
by Maureen Duffy on 2/1/2016
- VisionAware Response: The White House Conference on Aging Final Report
by Maureen Duffy on 1/25/2016
- New Research Explained: Restoring Vision Following Long-Term Blindness: Prosthetic Vision and Considerations for Rehabilitation
by Maureen Duffy on 1/19/2016
- Valentine's Day Is On the Horizon: Make It Sensory
by Priscilla Rogers on 2/3/2016
- Wardrobe Combos: Time-Saving Tips for People Who are Blind or Have Low Vision
by Steph McCoy on 1/29/2016
- Megabus: A Safe and Affordable Transportation Option for People Who Are Visually Impaired
by Audrey Demmitt on 1/22/2016
Join the Conversation on our Message Boards
- Leading a Support Group? - 2 replies
- Charles Bonnet Syndrome - 5 replies
- How Can a Support Group Help in Adjusting to Visual Impairment? - 5 replies
- Adjusting to Vision Loss - 52 subjects
- Diabetic Retinopathy Community - 6 subjects
VisionAware on Twitter
New on VisionAware
- VisionAware Bringing in the New Year News
- Survey of Older Workers Who Are Blind or Visually Impaired
- Father James Warnke: Living a Well Integrated Life with Glaucoma
- Stepped Care for Coping with Visual Impairment and Depression
- Biomedical-Development Firm Acquires Research Company Behind Eye Drops Designed to Cure Glaucoma
- The LightHouse of San Francisco Buys Building after $125 Million Bequest
- Free Resources on Employment Are Available from the National Research and Training Center on Blindness and Low Vision
- Hadley School for the Blind Adds Two New Courses on Unified English Braille (UEB)
- New Research on Patient Education and Support Related to Use of Marijuana for Treatment of Glaucoma
- Enjoy an interview with Maureen Duffy, author of Making Life More Livable