VisionAware - Home Page
New! The VisionConnect™ App
AFB is pleased to announce the release of another free, accessible iOS app: VisionConnect™, a prescription for independence for people who are blind or losing vision.
Be an Advocate
Read our letter to the President about issues related to aging and visual impairment
Upcoming Conference on Vision Loss in Older Adults and Veterans
Interview with Dr. Gregory Goodrich, Chair of the Conference.
Is Vision Loss Making It Difficult to Cope?
Let VisionAware Help with Our "Getting Started" Kit
If you have just begun to deal with vision loss, you probably have many questions, frustrations and even fears. VisionAware was created to help you answer those questions, and cope with those frustrations.
Communicate and Connect
VisionAware offers many ways for you to connect to people and information that you need to know. Sign up to participate in our message boards, receive e-mails, and engage with the VisionAware community.
On Our Blogs
- Ways to Make Monitoring Blood Sugar Easier, More Accurate, and Less Costly: Part 5 in a Series
by Maureen Duffy on 7/28/2015
- A Summary of the White House Conference on Aging Issues and Initiatives: Part One
by Maureen Duffy on 7/23/2015
- Meet Dr. Gregory Goodrich, Chair of the Upcoming Conference on Vision Loss in Older Adults and Veterans
by Maureen Duffy on 7/21/2015
- Independence Walk
by Priscilla Rogers on 7/28/2015
- Crosswalks to Civil Rights
by Mary Hiland on 7/27/2015
- Stand Up! Advocacy Comes in Many Forms
by Sue Wiygul Martin on 7/23/2015
Join the Conversation on our Message Boards
- Leading a Support Group? - 2 replies
- Charles Bonnet Syndrome - 3 replies
- How Can a Support Group Help in Adjusting to Visual Impairment? - 5 replies
- Adjusting to Vision Loss - 44 subjects
- Diabetic Retinopathy Community - 6 subjects
VisionAware on Twitter
New on VisionAware
- We just celebrated the 25th Anniversary of the ADA!
- Practice Good Eye Safety Around Fireworks
- Argus II Retinal Prostheses
- Exercising Safely with Diabetes
- Try VisionConnect, Our New App
- New Resource for Support Group Leaders
- Computers for the Blind Featured U.S. Agency
- Canadian Government Agrees to Implement Marrakesh Treaty
- Benefits of Gene Therapy for Leber Congenital Amaurosis Are Not Permanent