VisionAware - Home Page
Tell Us What You Think!
VisionAware is committed to making the site as useful as possible.
Patient's Guide to Glaucoma
VisionAware brings you a new resource.
National Conversation on Aging and Vision Loss
Join our conversation.
Medication Education and Self Advocacy
Peer Advisor Empish Thomas talks about her recent experience with a talking pill reminder.
Brain Injury Month
Dr. Greg Goodrich, noted researcher, writes about traumatic brain injury.
Helen Keller International
Meet the VisionAware International Agency of the Month.
Is Vision Loss Making It Difficult to Cope?
Let VisionAware Help with Our "Getting Started" Kit
If you have just begun to deal with vision loss, you probably have many questions, frustrations and even fears. VisionAware was created to help you answer those questions, and cope with those frustrations.
Communicate and Connect
VisionAware offers many ways for you to connect to people and information that you need to know. Sign up to participate in our message boards, receive e-mails, and engage with the VisionAware community.
On Our Blogs
- National Reading Month: Reading with Visual Impairment, Part II
by Priscilla Rogers on 3/24/2015
- National Reading Month: Reading with a Visual Impairment Part I
by Priscilla Rogers on 3/20/2015
- 91-year-old Inventor with Visual Impairment Designs for Her Generation
by Mary D'Apice on 3/17/2015
- I Finally Got an iPhone!
by Empish J. Thomas on 3/26/2015
- Attending the Big 12 Basketball Tournament March 2015
by Priscilla Rogers on 3/23/2015
- Reevaluating the Best Way to Do My Shopping as a Person Who Is Blind
by Priscilla Rogers on 3/19/2015
Join the Conversation on our Message Boards
- Leading a Support Group? - 1 reply
- Charles Bonnet Syndrome - 2 replies
- How Can a Support Group Help in Adjusting to Visual Impairment? - 5 replies
- Adjusting to Vision Loss - 43 subjects
- Diabetic Retinopathy Community - 4 subjects
VisionAware on Twitter
New on VisionAware
- Judy Scott Talks About Attending Big !2 Basketball Tournament
- Diabetes Alert Day
- Basketball! A Game You can Enjoy
- Patients Guide to Living with Glaucoma
- Helen Keller International
- White House Conference on Aging
- Smartphone app is designed to use 3D camera technology to detect overhead obstacles
- Cause of Age-related Macular Degeneration is Linked to Calcium Deposits
- Eylea Outperforms Other Drugs for Treatment of Diabetic Macular Edema with Moderate or Worse Vision Loss
- Generic Drugs and Glaucoma Compliance